Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christ The King

A week late... Due to craziness such as a health issue with my eye and my traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday & weekend afterward.  While in high school I had the chance to go on a two week long visit to Wales via a student exchange program through my highschool.  It was great fun!  I loved traveling across England & Wales visiting the various castles and churches.  I stayed in a small town called Builth Wells in Wales which had a pretty small Catholic Church called Christ the King Church.  I can remember attending mass in this quaint church on Christ the King Sunday about 16 years ago. I recently searched the internet for a picture of Christ the King Church and finally found it. Here it is:




Here is a prayer I found on CatholicTradition.org honoring Christ the King:


O CHRIST, JESUS, I acknowledge Thee as Universal King.

For Thee all creatures have been made. Do Thou exercise

over me all the rights that Thou hast.



Renew my Baptismal Vows, I renounce Satan,

with all his works and pomps, and I promise to live as a

good Catholic: Especially, do I pledge myself, by all

the means in my power, to bring about the triumph of the

rights of God and of Thy Church.



Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer Thee all my poor actions to obtain

that all hearts may recognize Thy Sacred Royalty, and that thus the

reign of Thy Peace may be established throughout the entire world.

Amen.





 

1 comment:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Teresa,,, The Church looks very peaceful and respectful opposed to the new wave architecture.

I am happy you had the chance to visit real history.