Friday, September 2, 2011

What Kind of Catholic Are You?

I found this very cool and interesting survey via Lisa Graas. You can take this quiz to find out what kind of Catholic you are. Have fun! 


My result came up as this: 


You Are a Daily Rosary (Very Traditional) Catholic


You'd like the church to revive the time-honored devotions, liturgical practices, and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council—and you're hoping that Pope Benedict XVI will lead the church in exactly that direction. Your favorite hymn is probably a traditional Latin composition such as the "Panis Angelicus," and your favorite pope is probably a pioneer of the Church's great liturgical tradition such as Gregory the Great.

But I have to say I am probably more like the type of Catholic shown below, or at least a combination of the two. 

You Are a Divine Office (Moderately Traditional) Catholic


The Second Vatican Council was much needed, as far as you're concerned, but you see no reason to push the church further in the direction of change, as many progressives urge. You like the dynamic combination of the traditional approach toward doctrine with the opening of the church to the world that Pope John Paul II (your favorite pope) represented. As far as liturgy is concerned, a reverent Mass in the vernacular is your favorite, as is a vernacular hymn with a feeling for the transcendent such as "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence." When Nicole Kidman returned to her childhood Catholicism and regular Mass attendance, you were thrilled.


2 comments:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Teresa, I could not resist taking the quiz being I was once affiliated with the Church and the result was what you think yours should have been.

About the Nicole Kidman thing I have no clue? That is I know who she is and think she is darn pretty but honestly did not know she was or is again a Catholic nor care for that matter.

Other than that, if I was to call myself a Catholic in the Roman Rite I would have to say it pegged me.

Great post.

Teresa said...

Christopher,

I'm glad you enjoyed taking the quiz. Didn't have a clue that Nicole Kidman was or is a Catholic either.

I hope you return to the Church someday.
God Bless.

Have a great weekend :)